Tibetan Prayer Wheel Pendant
This Tibetan Prayer Wheel Pendant is for spreading spiritual blessings and well being. Imprinted and wound around an axle in a protective container, which spins around. The syllables of the mantra are also carved on the outside cover of the wheel.
Inscribed on this pendant is the powerful Six-Word mantra which is made from stainless steel! The Six-Word: Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum is the most common mantra in Tibet, recited by Buddhists, painted or carved on rocks, prayer wheels, or yak skulls and seen around Tibet very commonly.
According to Tibetan culture, it is said that all the teachings of Buddha are contained in this mantra, and that to know the phrase is to know enlightenment!
- Prayer wheels are used to accumulate wisdom and merit (good karma) and to purify negativities (bad karma).
- The Six-Word Mantra broken down means:
- Om helps to achieve perfection in the practice of generosity;
- Ma helps perfect the practice of pure ethics;
- Ni helps perfect the practice of tolerance and patience;
- Pä helps to achieve perfection of perseverance;
- Me helps achieve perfection in the practice of concentration; and
- Hum helps achieve perfection in the practice of wisdom.
Big: 0.90 x 0.47" (23 x 12mm)
Small: 0.66 x 0.47" (17 x 12mm)
Chain Type: Strand
Material: Stainless Steel
Titanium Chain: 25" (65cm)
Braided Rope: 27" (70cm)